Experiments and prototype

I decided to try and made a prototype funnel using some of the ideas I have been experimenting with…
funnel prototype sample1This has successfully raised futher questions as well as issues that need solutions…

sample5

The bottom of the inside needs a better solution this looks unconsidered at the moment.

 

sample2

I considered using bitumen paint for the black inside, I thought that the shine would add to the depth and blackness but I don’t feel it works at all and remains sticky and so picks up particles.

 

sample4

I considered using a stitched raised spiral on the outside, but actually prefer the more chaotic feel I got from the crumpled fabric before, I also tried skimming paster over to get patches of flat smooth texture with occasional fabric texture revealed.

 

sample3

Where the fabric flows from the end of the funnel needs better consideration as well, this currently looks clumsy.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s